Student Assistant - Summer Program for Undergraduate Research (SPUR) - Faculty of Graduate Studies
April to August, 2018
The Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Prince Edward Island, is seeking applications from one qualified, full-time graduate student, to assist with the SPUR program. The program runs every Wednesday from May until the middle of August, 11:30-1:30 with a final poster presentation.
Under the supervision of the Faculty of Graduate Studies, the candidate will work on a combination of assignments in support of undergraduate student research experiences including, but not limited to:
- Student registration and advertising SPUR
- Assist scheduling presenters, including identifying appropriate topics and expertise, as well as arranging time and place for presentations
- Some mentoring of undergraduate students may be involved
- Organizing all aspects of poster presentations by students at program end
- Generating a summary of activities at the end of the program (suitable for publication on relevant UPEI websites) and other miscellaneous tasks as needed
- PhD or Senior Masters student enrolled at UPEI
- Excellent organization skills
- Students must be available every Wednesday from 11:30-1:30 (May to middle of August) for SPUR sessions
- Strong interpersonal skills
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.