Student Research Assistant - Department of Physics - Faculty of Science
April 29 – August 16, 2019
Dr. James Polson is seeking one research assistant to work on a project using computer simulation methods to study the physical properties of polymer systems.
• Modifying a Monte Carlo simulation program designed to investigate the dynamics and conformational behavior of polymers in confined and crowded environments
• Generating data with the simulation program by carrying out calculations on Compute Canada computer clusters
• Analysis of the resulting data to determine the scaling properties of the polymer free energy and comparing the results with theoretical predictions
• Successful candidate will have completed at least one year of an undergraduate physics program
• Experience with programming in C/C++ or related language
• Ability to work independently
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.