Student Assistant - Risk Management Office
April 29 – August 23, 2019
The Risk Management Office is looking to hire a Student Assistant to help provide clerical and research support. Under the supervision of the Risk Manager, the student will work on a combination of day to day assignments and build valuable skills such as problem solving, communications, organization, and operational efficiency. The student will also assist with the office duties of the Comptroller’s Office. The student will gain experience in the areas of contract, insurance and policy.
The student will assist the Risk Management Office with various tasks including the following:
• Contract management support, including research on contract management solutions, data entry, communication with other departments, filing, etc.
• Policy development and support, including research on best practices, policy portfolio review, drafting, data entry, data compilation, filing, etc.
• Assist the Risk Management Office with the administration of the University’s insurance policies
• Assist the Comptroller’s Office with administrative office duties
• Other duties as assigned
• We are seeking an individual with a minimum Grade 12 education and successful completion of at least 2 years of post-secondary education. Post-secondary education in Business Administration would be considered an asset.
• Strong computer skills in word processing, computer software and spreadsheet programs (including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Docs, Sheets, Sites, etc.)
• Strong organization, interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong analytical and research skills with high attention to detail
• Demonstrates strong problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
• Ability to work independently
• Previous office experience or experience interacting with various levels of a large organization would be considered an asset
• Interest in law, contract, policy, and/or insurance would be considered an asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email..
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.