New Student Orientation Week Coordinator - Recruitment Office*REPOSTED*
March 19, 2018 to September 7, 2018
The NSO (New Student Orientation) Coordinator is a unique opportunity for a current UPEI student. The successful applicant will be mentored in communications, event planning, leadership and other critical skills in order to successfully organize and run orientation week for 700+ incoming UPEI students. We are looking for someone who has energy, natural leadership skills and organization skills.
- Work with the Manager of Recruitment and Advisement and the NSO Advisory Committee to develop and deliver the NSO Program for Fall 2018
- Facilitate community and business partnerships for Orientation Week
- Recruit and lead a team of 70+ student volunteers to deliver the Orientation Week
- Utilize various modes of communication, including Facebook pages, Twitter and the UPEI NSO webpage, to communicate with students and respond to questions and requests
- Maintain statistical data for various aspects of NSO activities and events
- Monitor and maintain a NSO budget
- Work with the Manager of Recruitment and Advisement and the NSO Advisory Committee on various projects related to transitioning students into their first year at UPEI
- Other related and administrative duties as required
- Minimum of 2nd year standing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in a leadership role
- Be a self-starter; the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with computers and social media platforms
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Hold a valid driver’s license
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
Previous applicants of Competition #23S18 need not apply.