AVC Student Vet Camp Coordinator - Dean's Office - Atlantic Veterinary College
February 11 – August 16, 2019
The Atlantic Veterinary College, Dean’s Office at UPEI is seeking a student to fill the position of Student Vet Camp Coordinator for the 2019 AVC Vet Camp.
• Assist in coordinating, planning and scheduling all activities for the Dr. Tim Ogilvie AVC Vet Camp 2019 in consultation with AVC staff and faculty
• Play a key role in communicating with camp participants and their parents, and will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of AVC Vet Camp when in progress
• Assist in the evaluation of the program
• Although AVC Vet Camp will be the student’s main priority, the Coordinator will also be required to assist in the planning of other events including the AVC-CVMA Bluecoat Welcome Ceremony and the AVC Summer Academy
• Must be a DVM student
• Must possess strong organizational and leadership skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, be a self-starter, enthusiastic and creative
• Must be mature, able to exercise sound judgment and have a demonstrated ability to teach and motivate children, and able to work effectively with their peers
• Prior experience in event planning and supervising others would be preferred
• Familiarity with animals and animal handling required
• Knowledge of the UPEI Campus would be an asset
• First aid certification also preferred
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.