Student Assistant - Alumni Researcher - Men's Basketball Program - Department of Athletics and Recreation
As soon as possible – April 30, 2019
This individual supports the Head Coach in coordination and implementation of a research program to develop the Men’s Basketball alumni data base. This individual will compile information on all former UPEI/SDU Men’s Basketball student-athletes.
• Research all former UPEI/SDU team rosters and cross reference with current data base. Input information to update/complete data base
• Responsible for acquiring necessary contact information (phone, address, email)
• Where there are personal connections with Men’s Basketball alumni this individual will be responsible for supporting the coach in fostering a positive relationship between the individual, the University and the Basketball Program through ongoing phone and email correspondence
• Work with campus departments and support staff
• Assist with promotional activities
• Perform general duties as required
• Attention to details
• Adaptable and able to think quickly
• Excellent communication skills
• Possess strong computer skills
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Experience with the sport of basketball
• Knowledge of UPEI Men's Basketball Program
• Must be able to work days, evenings and weekends
• Being bilingual is a definite asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr).
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.