Graduate Student Research Assistant - Institute of Island Studies - Faculty of Arts
As soon as possible for five (5) weeks
The Institute of Island Studies seeks a student researcher to compile and communicate data on world islands as part of the production of an Annual Report on islands.
Using the 2018 Annual Report on Global Island Economic Dynamics commissioned by the Province of Hainan, P.R. of China government, the student researcher will update and display the data on islands. This involves seeking out the original sources of the existing data, verifying the accuracy of these data, compiling it and communicating it in the most appropriate form for the Report (e.g., tables, graphs)
• Excellent organizational skills, oral and written communications skills
• Computer skills (in word processing, spreadsheets, database management, statistical software, internet literacy)
• Excellent research skills
• Self-motivated and have ability to handle diverse tasks
• Will work well independently and under supervision
• Must have a Graduate degree or be enrolled in a graduate degree program
• Will demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in issues such as measuring economic and social status and change, population and sustainability
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.