Student Research Assistant (2 Positions) - Department of History - Faculty of Arts
October, 2017 – January 7, 2018 (term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Department of History seeks two strong undergraduate history students as research assistants on an edited collection publication project.
- Proof read and source check
- Analyze and synthesize primary sources from a range of genres
- Perform primary/secondary research as required to provide appropriate historical/cultural context
- Maintain communications with article authors
- Perform other duties as required
- Ability to critically review and make use of library and online sources
- Strong familiarity with historical primary sources
- Excellent writing skills
- Minimum two years of university experience
- Majoring in History an asset
- Interest in medical and/or migration history is an asset
- The ability to work independently and be well organized
- Maturity and ability to exercise sound judgement
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.