Kitpu Student Assistant - Mawi'omi Centre - Student Affairs
September 2018 – April 30, 2019
The Mawi’omi Aboriginal Student Centre is seeking applicants for the role of Kitpu Student Assistant. Run out of the Mawi’omi Centre, Kitpu is a Literacy/Academic Support outreach program for Indigenous youth across Prince Edward Island that will begin in October, 2018.
The successful candidate will work with the Mawi’omi/Kitpu Coordinator, out of the Mawi’Omi Centre.
• Assist in planning start up events for Kitpu participants
• Providing peer mentoring and academic (tutor) supports to school aged, Indigenous youth
• Working with schools and other stakeholders within Indigenous communities
• Presentations/outreach into the secondary school system and local communities
• Report writing
• Self-motivated student, with the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent organization, time management and communication skills
• Computer skills
• Previous experience working with students and youth considered an asset
• Must have access to a vehicle and transportation outside Charlottetown is necessary
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Appliactions will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.