Undergraduate Student Research Assistants - School of Sustainable Design Engineering
As soon as possible – December 15, 2017
The School of Sustainable Design Engineering, The Computational Mechanics and Fluid Dynamics at UPEI is seeking an Engineering Student to fill the position of Student Researcher. This candidate will be working directly with and report to Dr. Sadegh Babaii to develop and perform tests on vortex tubes and metal 3D printed components.
The Student Researcher will develop and implement tests for experimentation on vortex tubes. The successful candidate will also gather and process the date for report to supervisor.
• Work with supervisor and co-workers to perform experiments on vortex tubes
• Provide weekly updates and communicate effectively with supervisor
• Consistently follow experimentation guidelines
• Maintain detailed logs of work
• Process recorded data to shape further research
• Develop skills in CFD and other FEA analysis to perform theoretical experiments
• The candidate must be enrolled in engineering at UPEI irrespective of specialty in mechatronics, bio resource or sustainable energy
• Experience with CAD modelling software
• Strong communication skills to coordinate and execute experimentation with a research team
• Ability to process and report data with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
• Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and organize work
• Analytical skills to derive conjectures from experimentation results
• Ability to effectively work alone is essential
Priority is given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr).
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time internaitonal students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
Applications will not be accepted via email.