Student Assistant - Department of Psychology - Department of Arts
September, 2018 – April 30, 2019
The Psychology Department seeks applications for a student to perform various duties connected with the Behavioral Neuroscience Lab.
• Assist with set up and maintenance of the zebrafish lab
• Duties related to neuroscience courses
• Other duties as required
• Applicants normally will be a fourth year or honours Psychology student and will have a knowledge and familiarity of BORIS
• Applicants will have completed PSY2120, 3110, and other behaviour neuroscience courses
• Applicants must have successfully completed the UPEI on-site training session in animal use and care
• Applicants must have some experience in zebrafish husbandry and behavioral testing
• Strong interpersonal skills are required
• Reliability and dependability are a must
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.