Part-Time Graduate Student Research Assistant - Island Studies - *AMENDED CLOSING DATE*
As soon as possible – October 13, 2017
The Institute of Island Studies seeks a researcher to compile and communicate data on world islands as part of the production of an Annual Report on islands.
• Using the 2016 Annual Report on Global Island Economic Dynamics commissioned by the Province of Hainan, P.R. of China government, the student researcher will update and display the data on islands
• This involves seeking out the original sources of the existing data, verifying the accuracy of these data, compiling it and communicating it in the most appropriate form for the Report (e.g., tables, graphs)
• The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills, oral and written communications skills, computer skills (in word processing, spreadsheets, database management, statistical software, internet literacy), and research skills
• He/she will be self-motivated and have ability to handle diverse tasks, and will work well independently and under supervision. Possession of, or enrolment in, a graduate degree program is required
• Enrollment in the MA Island Studies program would be an asset
• The ideal candidate will demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in island-related issues such as economic and social status and change, population and sustainability
• Being able to read in Mandarin and a working knowledge of InDesign and QuarkXPress would be assets
Priority is given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr).
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.