Camp Counsellor - Panther Academy - Department of Athletics and Recreation
March 26 - 29, 2018
The Athletics & Recreation Department requires Camp Counselors for the Panther Academy Summer Camps to be responsible for implementing camp curriculum and the supervision of campers.
Under the guidance of the Camp Coordinators and Head Counselors the successful candidates will:
- Assist in the implementation of camp curriculum
- Conduct themselves and their work in an enjoyable, presentable and professional manner
- Will have effective behavioral skills and be prepared to deal with various behavioral issues
- Perform duties without direct supervision
- Be responsible for submitting daily reports to the Programs Coordinator and performing other duties as required
- Previous experience working with children or working in a camp setting leading educational or sport programming for children and knowledge of gym/outdoor games and activities would be considered an asset
- Ability to communicate and be assertive
- Enthusiastic, outgoing, friendly and courteous personality
- Ability to relate positively to staff, campers and parents
- Can adapt easily to unexpected circumstances and additional duties
- At least one year of post-secondary education is required along with a Criminal Record Check upon hiring
Please submit your class schedule along with your application.
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.