Student Research Assistant - Department of Biomedical Sciences - Atlantic Veterinary College
As soon as possible – August 31, 2018
The Department of Biomedical Sciences is seeking applications for a temporary research assistant position. The position is required to work under the direction of Dr. Sunny Hartwig to help develop a comparative translational biomedical research program. Ideally, this project will form the basis of the candidate’s undergraduate thesis (with honors).
- Candidate will be in charge of developing and executing a research project to collect ticks and perform genetic characterization of strain variants endemic to Eastern Canada based on literature review
- Must demonstrate excellence in interpreting and translating scientific literature
- Must have demonstrated expertise in using scientific search engines
- The candidate will have a high academic record, strong work ethic, and will demonstrate very strong focus and independence
- References demonstrating leadership skills are required (names of references and contact information must be provided)
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.