Dean's Honours Awards
Each fall brings a variety of opportunities and events that help celebrate the success of our UPEI students. These students are honoured on the UPEI Dean's Honours List and the achievement is included on their transcript. For more information on the criteria for inclusion on the Dean's List, please see Regulation 18 in the Academic Calendar.
For the past few years, the Faculty of Business has had the privilege of being invited by the Lieutenant Governor to hold the awards celebration at Government House. It is an inspiring event, where students are presented with awards and certificates by the Lieutenant Governor and Dean of the Faculty of Business, Dr. Jurgen Krause. Following the award ceremony, refreshments are provided, and students and guests are invited to stay and socialize.
Faculty of Business Student Awards
The Faculty will be selecting students for the following awards (subject to funding) that will be presented at the Dean's Honours Awards ceremony in the fall. Students who feel they qualify for one or more of these awards must apply.
In your application letter, please provide the following:
- Student number
- Current year of study
- The award(s) applied for
- Statement as to why you feel you should receive the award(s)
Deadlines for these awards are in late August and early September of each year. Please email your application to email@example.com or follow instructions provided in the individual award links.
Note: you may apply for more than one award.
Lawrence L. Parker Scholarship
- a student who has completed 3rd year Business, taken ten courses in the previous year and not already in possession of a scholarship valued at $1,000 or more.
Royal Bank Centennial
- a Business student entering 2nd, 3rd or 4th year who best demonstrates strong academic performance, leadership and commitment.
Dale Mattock for Women
- a female student entering 3rd or 4th year Business; primary criteria is academic achievement.
Zonta Club of Ch’town
- a female student entering the final year of Business with strong academic record and who exhibits leadership qualities.
JJ Revell RBC Award
- a full-time student entering 4th year, not already receiving an award of more than $2,000. For a student demonstrating academic excellence and leadership, with particular emphasis on leadership in varsity sports. Intent is to ensure hardworking, talented students may attain their educational goals.
Harry MacLauchlan Memorial in Entrepreneurship
- a student entering 4th year who has taken Entrepreneurship (BA 371) and demonstrates enthusiasm for self-employment and shows promise for executing a business plan, already has his/her own business or is actively involved in managing a family business (and not already in possession of a university scholarship).
Jean (MacLeod) Paquette Scholarship
- a full-time student enrolled in Business with a record as a participant and leader in community service and/or sport.
Finance & Facilities Award in Business
- a returning Business student who does well academically, demonstrates leadership ability, has completed at least one work placement in co-op.
Tim Banks Entrepreneurial Spirit
- a student who has completed Business 3710, an interest in an entrepreneurial career, maintained an avg. of 75% in previous year. Preference to student who has also completed Business 2650.
Elvin and Kay Douglas Memorial Award
- a student who is studying towards a degree in Business Administration and plans to study for certification as a CPA.
BDO Canada Scholarship in Accounting
- a student who has completed 3rd year, excelled in Acct. 3010/3020, demonstrated a high level of involvement/leadership in the community through participation and is a positive role model for fellow students.
Colleen Keefe Malone Scholarship
- a returning undergraduate student who intends to pursue a career in Human Resource Management.
Michael & Aletha Hennessey
- a student entering 3rd or 4th year in Arts or Business based on academic achievement (not in receipt of $1000 or more in same year) - Application on-line; deadline August 31.
David W. Rodd Scholarship in Tourism & Hospitality
- a student entering the BBTH program, has performed well academically in college courses, combines qualities of leadership, contribution to the community, & demonstrates a desire to enhance the tourism and hospitality industry. (Application on-line, deadline August 31).