The University of Prince Edward Island offers co-operative education programs in the Faculty of Business and the Faculty of Science.
Co-op students benefit in a number of ways while participating in the program. The program provides an opportunity for students to:
- Apply classroom theory and concepts in the workplace.
- Gain marketable skills and experience that will give you a competitive advantage post graduation.
- Begin to develop your professional network and industry contacts.
- Earn money while you learn.
- Refine your resume writing, interview skills and job search strategies with ongoing support from the Co-op Office.
- Test out possible post graduation career choices.
- Gain confidence.
- Add value to your Bachelor Degree with the Co-operative Education Designation.
As a Co-operative Education student, you will participate in three work terms in your field of study during your time at UPEI. Work terms range from fourteen to sixteen (14—16) weeks and students can take advantage of work term opportunities in all semesters.
The Co-op program prepares students for the workplace through a series of Career Skills modules that will help students with resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, workplace expectations and a variety of other topics designed to increase student success.
Read more about UPEI's Co-operative Education requirements in the Academic Calendar.
Many opportunities await UPEI Co-op students. If you have any questions about the Co-op program or how to get involved, please contact the Co-op Office.