Your search has returned no results.
A new program for Graduate Students and Post-Docs.
The E-Learning Office in collaboration with the Faculty of Graduate Studies is developing the Academic Instructional Skills Program (AISP) for graduate students/post docs, those involved in teaching, or interested in developing instructional skills in the academic context.
The program is currently under development and will:
- Foster student and faculty engagement through effective teaching
- Build confidence and capacity in teaching abilities
- Introduce theories related to adult learning and teaching in higher education and how they can benefit your teaching
- Stimulate dialogue
- within a community of other novice teachers, and
- through mentorship from experienced teachers in order to foster individual reflection about student engagement and effective teaching
- Provide support for participants as they undertake their teaching activities
- Provide opportunities to develop teaching skills appropriate for modern post-secondary learning environments
- Familiarize participants with the challenges and rewards of teaching
The program is structured around four pillars:
- Instructional Practice
- Learning Spaces & Digital Technology
- Professional Growth Development & Identity