President Recognition Award of Merit for Campus Spirit
The Presidential Recognition Award of Merit for Campus Spirit will be presented to a UPEI employee who has fostered a sense of excitement on campus and promoted fellowship, goodwill, and belonging within the University community, by supporting and promoting UPEI.
All staff members who have served a minimum of three (3) years of continuous service prior to nomination are eligible for these awards. A person may be nominated multiple years. Persons who have received this award within the previous five years are not eligible.
The Awards Selection committee, chaired by the Associate Vice President, Human Resources and Legal, will review nominations, select a winner, and make a recommendation to the President.
Nominated candidates will have exemplified campus spirit to the University community. Among the factors to be considered by the Committee will be:
Specific examples of how the nominee has generated excitement, promoted goodwill and fostered a sense of belonging within the University community; and/or a description of how the nominee supported and promoted the University of Prince Edward Island beyond the scope of her/his job.
- The deadline for nominations is Friday, March 27, 2020.
- Nominations may be submitted by faculty, staff, or students, or a combination thereof.
- Nominations must be supported by three signatures.
- Please prepare a dated and signed one-two page statement proposing the nomination, describing and justifying the achievements in the category for which the application is being made. Within this statement the nominator must clearly state the category of activity for which they are applying on behalf of the nominee and provide specific examples to support the nomination.
- Nominations are to be submitted in confidence to the Associate Vice President, Human Resources and Legal.