Connect to PANTHERNET
How do I connect to PANTHERNET on Windows?
These instructions will assist you in the setup and configuraton of a wireless connection to use the PANTHERNET wireless network at UPEI.
- Windows 7, 8 or Windows 10 with latest updates
- Must be in an area with PANTHERNET wireless coverage
- You are using Windows, and not a third-party application, to manage your wireless connection
Download the following configuration file to your computer and follow the directions below to get connected. Download the configuration file
- Save the configuration file to your computer.
- Double-click the file to run the configuration setup.
- You will see the following window appear for 5 seconds if the setup was successful:
- Click on the wireless network icon in the task bar, and choose "PANTHERNET" from the list of wireless networks. Choose "Connect Automatically" and then click connect.
- You will be prompted for a username and password - enter your UPEI network username and associated password. Please remember that your UPEI network username is just the first part of your UPEI email address, not your entire email address.
- If after entering your username and password you see the message "Connected, No Internet Access" please restart your computer. You should be successfully connected once you log back in to Windows.
- If you were previously connecting successfully to PANTHERNET but find it is no longer working (possibly after a Windows 10 update or password change), please re-run the configuration file, which will re-create the connection to PANTHERNET.
How do I connect to PANTHERNET with my Apple device?
To connect to the PANTHERNET wireless network on your Apple device, simply select the PANTHERNET network from the list of available wireless networks. When prompted, please enter your UPEI network username and password.
Please note: on Apple iOS devices (like iPhone and iPad) you may be prompted with a certificate verification screen, like the one below. If so, please click on "Trust".
How do I connect to PANTHERNET with my Android device?
To connect to the PANTHERNET wireless network on your Android device, select the PANTHERNET network from the list of available wireless networks.
You should then be presented with screen similar to the one below.
Please note that due to the diversification of Android versions and implementations, the screen you see on your Android device may differ somewhat from the screen shown below, so please ensure that the settings on your screen match the settings as shown.