Connect to eduroam
How do I connect to eduroam on Windows?
These instructions will assist you in the setup and configuraton of a wireless connection to use the eduroam wireless network at UPEI.
- Windows 7, 8 or Windows 10 with latest updates
- Must be in an area with eduroam wireless coverage
- You are using Windows, and not a third-party application, to manage your wireless connection
Download the following configuration file to your computer and follow the directions below to get connected.
- Save the configuration file to your computer.
- Double-click the file to run the configuration setup.
- You will see the following window appear for 10 seconds if the setup was successful:
- Click on the wireless network icon in the task bar, and choose "eduroam" from the list of wireless networks.
- Click connect. You will be prompted for a username and password. In this case, enter your UPEI email address for your username (firstname.lastname@example.org) and then the netowrk password you use to login at UPEI.
- If after entering your username and password you see the message "Connected, No Internet Access" please restart your computer. You should be successfully connected once you log back in to Windows.
- If you were previously connecting successfully to eduroam but find it is no longer working (possibly after a Windows 10 update or password change), please re-run the configuration file, which will re-create the connection to eduroam.
How do I connect to eduroam with my Apple device?
To connect to the eduroam wireless network on your Apple device, simply select the eduroam network from the list of available wireless networks. You will be prompted for a username and password. In this case, enter your UPEI email address for your username (email@example.com) and then the netowrk password you use to login at UPEI.
Please note: on Apple iOS devices (like iPhone and iPad) you may be prompted with a certificate verification screen, like the one below. If so, please click on "Trust".
How do I connect to eduroam with my Android device?
To connect to the eduroam wireless network on your Android device, select the eduroam network from the list of available wireless networks.
You should then be presented with screen similar to the one below.
(Please note that due to the diversification of Android versions and implementations, the screen you see on your Android device may differ somewhat from the screen shown below, so please ensure that the settings on your screen match the settings as shown.)
Enter the following information:
EAP Method: PEAP
Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2
CA certificate: Don't validate
Identity: jsmith [replace with your username]
Anonymous Identity: [leave blank]
Password: [your UPEI password]
(If you do not see all the options above select “show advanced options”. This may differ slightly for different android versions)