Research Assistant - Department of Biomedical Sciences - Atlantic Veterinary College (Grant Funded)
$25.00 per hour + 4% vacation pay, as per CUPE 1870 (Grant Funded) (Off Scale)
As soon as possible for Six (6) Month Term (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Department of Biomedical Sciences is seeking applications for a part-time temporary research assistant position.
The position is required to work in a lab, under the direction of Dr. Sunny Hartwig, to perform embryonic kidney explant dissections and process kidney tissue slides using immunofluorescence microscopy and perform image analysis using ImageJ and other NIH software.
- Expertise in embryonic organ dissections
- Excellent computer proficiency in ImageJ and other programs and expertise in microscopy
- Prior laboratory experience in mammalian development is a requirement and must be documented.
- Very strong academic record (A average or higher)
- Very strong work ethic
- Very strong focus, outstanding writing skills as evidenced by recent publications in peer reviewed manuscripts, and independence
- Strong references demonstrating these skills are required
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.