ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistant - Office of Continuing Education and Professional Development
$50,249 to $ 55,299 per annum, prorated to term as per CUPE 1870
As soon as possible until December 30, 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Office of Continuing Education and Professional Development is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and operational support services to the various components of the office. The successful applicant will work closely with the Program Officer and Program Manager in supporting and coordinating a wide array of programs. This is a multifaceted and challenging role which includes a variety of tasks.
- Represent the Office of Continuing Education and Professional Development team as the initial point of personal and telephone contact with the public, faculty, students and staff
- Respond to general inquiries (telephone, email) and provide general course information
- Track course registration
- Maintain and process information required for student files as required
- Maintain student lists for access/modification/removal to and from computerized records
- Maintain roster of current and potential facilitator information as well as client data bases
- Prepare and maintain contracts for facilitators
- Support the coordination of course series and workshops, including scheduling, promotion, registration, material preparation, booking AV equipment and rooms, room set up, catering, attendance monitoring and certificate preparation and distribution
- Assist in locating and negotiating training facilities; and the procurement of food services (on UPEI Campus and externally) - visit sites to inspect facilities & ensure barrier free environments
- Organize, disseminate and maintain course evaluations and surveys
- Assist in the administration and monitoring of the budget and perform general accounting duties
- Coordinate and record minutes of meetings and follow up
- Coordinate the ordering and tracking of supplies and equipment
- Support the development and maintenance of budgetary and financial responsibilities and activities of the office (e.g. monitor budget, process/approve payments, reconcile accounts)
- Coordinate special events on behalf of the Office of Continuing Education and Professional Development
- Establish and maintain electronic and paper administrative filing system and mailing lists
- Prepare requisitions and other forms
- Update website and create and maintain online calendar of courses and programs
- Prepare and post material in support of the Office’s social media profile
- Other duties as may be required
- Successful completion of Grade 12 plus completion of a recognized post-secondary program in business/office studies or related area with at least 2 years related experience
- Experience with budgets and bookkeeping
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, E-Mail usage, Power Point, Internet searching
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative where important
- Excellent writing (grammatical, typographical, and ability to improve and edit documents) and familiarity with the university environment, policy and procedures and possession of an undergraduate degree would be useful assets
- Intercultural competence and function as an effective member of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate superior customer service orientation and attention to detail; previous communications centered experience would be an asset
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience with myUPEI, Colleague and 25Live would be considered an asset
- Experience with Moodle and social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) would also be considered an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.