Research Coordinator (CAP Education) - Department of Applied Human Sciences - Faculty of Science (Grant Funded)
$40,000 per annum as per CUPE 1870 (Off Scale) (Grant Funded)
September 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
As part of our multi-disciplinary healthcare programs, the Health Centered Research Clinic located on the UPEI Campus, is seeking a research coordinator to work in our patient-oriented research programs. Specifically, the successful candidate will work directly with individuals in our patient support programs across the spectrum of ambulatory care sensitive conditions (ACSC), mainly with respect to the Concussion Awareness Program (CAP).
In this role, the individual will be involved in planning, implementing, analyzing and presenting elements of various research projects that are under the auspices of the Health Centered Research Clinic and which includes direct interaction with patient participants.
- Assist in the delivery, maintenance, and scheduling of the CAP Education Program
- Produce up-to-date resources for distribution by the CAP
- Promote the program via digital and community media outlets
- Coordinate the CAP Knowledge Retention Research Study as to evaluate the program
- Work with external partners to establish sustainability with the CAP program
- Coordinating the delivery of training modules and orienting individuals involved in various studies
- Coordinating with collaborative partners across provinces to ensure research is consistent and current
- Participating in Community Advisory Board, Steering Committee and Research Team meetings involved in the project
- Analyzing data using various types of software (especially SAS)
- Conducting reviews of literature for various projects in different areas
- Assisting the team with project development on a variety of topics within the area of patient-oriented research
- Contributing to the writing of scientific research projects for publication
- Communicating with patients and various health professionals, when and where appropriate
- Masters of Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of and ability to use qualitative research methodologies
- Ability to acquire knowledge and self-educate
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Strong writing, report creating and data analysis skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Access to personal transportation
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.