MTS Level 5 - CSR Technician - Materials Management Unit - Veterinary Teaching Hospital - Atlantic Veterinary College
As soon as possible until April 30, 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Veterinary Teaching Hospital requires a CSR Technician to work in a term, part-time (0.6 FTE) position in the Materials Management Unit of the VTH.
• Decontaminating, cleaning and processing of surgical instruments and equipment dispensed by the department following established infection control practices.
• Must be conscientious with regard to procedure, capable of working under pressure and interacting professionally with other departments within the hospital
• Sterilizing instruments and equipment used in the Hospital
• Maintaining sterilizers, cart washer, instrument washer and other equipment used in MMU
• Preparing and packaging instruments, supplies and equipment and for the correct handling and storage of sterile supplies
• Maintaining, stocking and distributing of inventory supplies in various areas of the hospital.
• Helping to maintain Inventory control levels in the MMU and throughout the VTH
• Working with various software products (RxWorks and Cubex) and inventory management cabinets in the VTH with respect to supplies and inventory
• Receiving incoming stock and ensuring correct supplies are delivered by checking packing slips
• Preparing surgery case carts daily using a computerized system
• Overseeing the laundry room by taking care of the linen associated within the hospital
• Maintaining inventory supplies and ensuring proper equipment maintenance within MMU
• Other related duties as assigned
• Satisfactory completion of Grade 12 or GED equivalent
• Central Supply Room Technician / Medical Device Reprocessing Technician Certificate from a recognized facility is mandatory
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in (Veterinary or Human) Central Supply Room
• Strong computer skills with demonstrated ability in Windows
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be self-motivated and reliable
• Must be able to work as part of a team, but must also be able to work independently.
• Computer proficiency in hospital management software would be considered an asset
• A good working knowledge of instruments and supplies used in an operating room
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email..
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.