Student Research Assistant - Department of Applied Human Sciences - Faculty of Science
$15.75 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
January 5, 2022 – June 5, 2022
The Department of Applied Human Sciences in the Faculty of Science is seeking to hire one student research assistant position to assist with a research project evaluating a course-based undergraduate research experience (CURE) through food product development in a third-year foods and nutrition course.
- Supporting the CURE research team with recruitment of research participants
- Assist with data collection, conducting research interviews, transcription of interviews and data analysis
- Respond to emails relating to research project activities
- Attend project meetings
- Schedule, organize, and report on status of research activities
- Assist with research report writing
- Must have excellent oral and written good communication skills in English
- Must be able to work independently
- Strong leadership, planning and organizational skills
- Experience working on research project interviewing and transcription is an asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require mandatory full Covid 19 vaccination for all students, staff, and faculty. Exemptions only apply for medical, religious, or cultural reasons in accordance with the UPEI Covid 19 mandatory vaccination policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.