Student Assistant / Tutor - Work Integrated Learning & English Language Centre
As soon as possible until April 30, 2018 (term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
Work Integrated Learning & the English Language Centre is seeking applications for the position of Student Assistant/Tutor. The position will be part-time through to May and will be full-time for the summer months.
• Greeting students in a friendly manner, answering inquiries and directing students to the appropriate staff person
• Planning and participating in English language program socio-cultural activities
• Collaborating with instructors to align activities with academic content
• Mentoring and tutoring English language skills
• Organizing transportation, booking tickets
• Helping to maintain social media
• Assisting with research on current and future projects
• Monitoring and responding to a role-based Gmail account
• Leading campus tours
• Performing other duties as required
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience organizing events
• Strong computer skills with a keen eye for detail
• Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in both a team environment and independently and be willing to work occasional evenings and/or weekends
• A customer-service orientation and be comfortable interacting with people from many countries
• Cross-cultural experience and familiarity with working in a post-secondary educational environment is a definite asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.