Women's Rugby Team Manager Student Assistant - Part-Time Term Position - Department of Athletics and Recreation
One Year (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements.)
The University of Prince Edward Island invites applications for the position of Women’s Rugby Team Manager.
This position reports to the Women’s Rugby Head Coach. The individual is responsible for successfully supporting the operation of the inter-university Women’s Rugby program including:
• Manage and carry out all team administrative duties
• Manage the per diem collection and distribution on travel days
• Liaise with financial staff and keep coaches apprised of the rugby budget
• Manage all home and away game day administrative requirements from UPEI, AUS and U Sport
• Develop, contribute, and manage a Panther Rugby Alumni Facebook page including writing pre and post-game reports, articles about former and current players and staff
• Able to attend all home games and travel with the team on all away games
• Manage the annual High School Girls Skills Clinic including distribution of information packages to the high schools, collecting registration fees and assisting with other clinic day duties
• Attend all team meetings when requested throughout the year
• Must have strong organizational skills
• Must possess a broad knowledge of the game of Rugby
• Ability to work flexible hours, and weekends
Priority is given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr).
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
Applications will not be accepted via email.