Graduate Student Laboratory Instructor - Department of Chemistry - Faculty of Science
September 2017 to April 2018
The Chemistry Department seeks applications for student laboratory instructors to assist teaching First year Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, and Inorganic Chemistry laboratories for the 2017-18 Academic Year.
Student Laboratory Instructors will:
• Assist with the supervisor of students for undergraduate laboratories
• Provide pre-lab instruction and guidance for completion of undergraduate labs
• Ensure chemicals, solutions and equipment are used in the laboratory safely
• Follow Standard Operating Procedures
• Applicants will have successfully completed a BSc. degree in chemistry or a related field.
• Instructors will be required to successfully complete an on-line WHIMIS course and attend a mandatory Site Safety Training session prior to the first lab session.
Please note that Instructors for both academic terms will be chosen from this competition. Applicants wanting to be considered for second term only must apply now and indicate this on their application. Only those applicants which clearly state which afternoons and evenings they are available will be considered.
Priority to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment, Policies and Procedures Manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email. Please include your current phone number and email address on your applicaiton.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and full time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.