ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistant (Gift and Data Processor) - Department of Development and Alumni Engagement
$50,249 to $55,299 per annum as per CUPE 1870
The Department of Development and Alumni Engagement is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented person with extensive database experience to fill the role of Gift and Data Processor.
- Process donations on a daily basis with a high level of accuracy
- Prepare and balance cash sheets and bank deposits
- Maintain organized electronic and paper financial records systems
- Prepare, merge and mail donor thank you letters and receipts
- Notify appropriate parties of donations requiring special acknowledgements
- Respond to general inquiries about giving to UPEI
- Gain an understanding of CRA’s donation policies
- Track in-memoriam and tribute donations and notify families/individuals
- Build, run and export various Raiser’s Edge queries
- Prepare consolidated receipts annually
- Prepare monthly invoices for pledge payments, as requested
- Assist with annual award invoicing
- Assist with donor and alumni events
- Prepare various mailing and email lists
- Perform data entry tasks
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary education in office administration, bookkeeping or accounting
- Minimum two (2) years of experience using Raiser’s Edge (or another comprehensive fundraising software program) to process gifts, merge letters and receipts, run queries and generate various mailing and email lists.
- Experience in performing bookkeeping activities, including balancing cash
- Maintain confidentiality and utilize discretion
- Highly organized and detail oriented with an exceptional level of accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building and communication (oral and written) skills to interact effectively with alumni, donors, students, staff, faculty and the public
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to perform mail merges, type and format letters, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a dynamic and diverse environment
- Perform other duties as required
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.