Student Laboratory assistants in French and/or Spanish - Department of Modern Languages - Faculty of Arts
September 2017 – April 2018
The Department of Modern Languages has openings for students of Modern Languages to perform various duties connected with the Language Laboratory in French and Spanish.
• Attending training and orientation sessions
• Assisting professors in language lab learning activities and proctoring work at the lab
• With the aid of marking template, scanning assignments to provide feedback of preliminary grade recommendations
• Applicants normally will be third or fourth year students in French or Spanish and/or have a strong background in one of these languages
• Strong interpersonal skills are required
• Reliability and dependability are a must
• Applicants must have studied at least two of the languages presently taught by the Department; familiarity with the electronic and computer lab would be an asset
Priority is given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr).
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.