Coordinator of the Centre d’excellence en français - Faculties of Arts and Science (Grant Funded)
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
As soon as possible until March 31, 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The University of Prince Edward Island invites applications for a Coordinator of the Centre d’excellence en français.
UPEI, through its Faculties of Arts and Science, is working to develop bilingual programming and new French language supports for post-secondary students. Development of the Centre d’excellence en français is central to this effort to build French language competencies of students, faculty, staff, and community members. The Centre d’excellence en français will offer support and mentoring to students and faculty members from UPEI in French. UPEI will collaborate with post-secondary education partner, Collège de l’île, in this endeavour. It is envisioned that the Centre d’excellence en français will offer highly accessible writing consultation services to all students, faculty and staff at UPEI, as well as to teachers in PEI. The Centre will serve as a French Language Hub on campus by offering services such as: diagnostic evaluation; workshops; mentoring; and cultural services in French. The Centre will also play a key role as a French resource center, community outreach center, experiential learning, and research center.
Working in collaboration with the Coordinator, Bilingual Programming at UPEI, UPEI Faculty members, and collaborative partner, Collège de l’île, the Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Liaising with internal and external partners on the development and testing of all Center d’excellence en français program components, including diagnostic tools, student support services, and community outreach
- Establishing connections with funding partners and University administration to ensure delivery on program goals and deliverables
- Outreach to members of the UPEI and broader community to ensure a strong awareness of French language needs and resources, as well as effective promotion of Centre services and supports
- Collaboration with University personnel to ensure strong coordination and effective delivery of services
- Management of Centre budget and human resources
- Require a graduate degree in Arts, Science or Education with preference given to those with expertise and experience in the areas of 21st century teaching and learning, research methods and critical pedagogy in French in a Minority Setting and in French as Second Language; require expertise/experience in bilingual education. Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in a related area and three-year’s relevant experience working within a post-secondary environment will also be considered.
- Must be fully bilingual
- Have strong ties to government and/or to the French community of PEI
- Possess familiarity with university processes and policies
The ideal candidate’s previous work experience will demonstrate:
- Experience in working successfully with collaborative, multi-partner environments
- Experience in planning and implementing projects, managing schedules and milestones, maintaining accurate records, and delivering on project goals and outcomes
- Experience in effectively organizing events, workshops, and multi-stakeholder meetings
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Sound judgement complemented by excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Demonstrated strengths in community outreach
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.