Administrative Assistant - Office of the President
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
As soon as possible until April 30, 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Office of the President seeks an experienced, highly organized, motivated person with positive attitude and excellent communication skills, for the role of Administrative Assistant.
- Provide general administrative support to the Office of the President, including financial and administrative functions
- Assist in the arrangement of meetings and their follow up
- Record meeting minutes
- Maintain electronic and paper filing systems
- Maintain confidentiality and utilize discretion
- Perform other duties as required
- An undergraduate degree with a minimum of 2 years’ related experience
- Proficient in the use of computers and the following programs: Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail, Google Documents
- Excellent organizational abilities, time management skills and attention to detail
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, good judgement and decision making skills
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.