Influenza (Flu) Vaccines
The UPEI Health and Wellness Centre will be hosting three (3) Flu Clinics in November 2021. These clinics are open to all students, faculty, staff and families. The flu vaccine is free and there is no charge for international students.
The vaccine for COVID-19 will be available to anyone from UPEI who is not yet fully vaccinated. To be fully vaccinated you must: have one dose of Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine; or 2 doses of Astra Zeneca, Pfizer, or Moderna; or 1 or 2 doses of another vaccine approved by the World Health Organization and at least one mRNA (Pfizer or Moderna) vaccine approved by Health Canada.
The dates/times are as follows:
- Tuesday, November 2, 9:00 am–3:30 pm
- Wednesday, November 3, 12:00 noon–7:00 pm
- Thursday November 4, 9:00 am–3:30 pm
The clinics will be located in McMillan Hall, main floor of the W. A. Murphy Student Centre.
- We will follow the direction of the Chief Public Health Office and maintain physical distancing. If there are more than 50 people waiting you may need to wait outside or come another time.
- Masks are mandatory in all UPEI buildings.
- Please read the fact sheet (used with permission from Public Health Nursing, Health PEI) before you come for your vaccine.
- You must be prepared to stay for 15 minutes following your vaccination.
- Children less than 24 months must be vaccinated by Public Health Nursing and you will need to make an appointment.
- If you have a fever or other symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to the flu clinics. Contact 8-1-1 for advice and direction.
Children under nine (9) who have never had a flu vaccine will require a second vaccine in one month and can receive that at the UPEI Health Centre.
- Fact Sheet: Influenza Vaccine – Inactivated (Quadrivalent High Dose, Quadrivalent non-intranasal)
- Health PEI Influenza immunization Clinic Registration Form