Influenza (Flu) Vaccines
The UPEI Health and Wellness Centre will be hosting three (3) Flu Clinics in October 2020. These clinics are open to all students, faculty, staff and families. The flu vaccine is free and there is no charge for international students.
The dates/times are as follows:
- Friday, October 23, 9:00 am–3:30 pm
- Monday, October 26, 1:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 27, 9:00 am–3:30 pm
The clinics will be located in MacMillan Hall, main floor of the W. A. Murphy Student Centre.
- We will follow the direction of the Chief Public Health Office and maintain physical distancing. If there are more than 50 people waiting you may need to wait outside or come another time.
- Masks are mandatory in all UPEI buildings.
- Please read the fact sheets (used with permission from Public Health Nursing, Health PEI) before you come for your vaccine.
- You must be prepared to stay for 15 minutes following your vaccination.
- Children less than 24 months must be vaccinated by Public Health Nursing and you will need to make an appointment.
- If you have a fever or other symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to the flu clinics. Contact 8-1-1 for advice and direction.
Children under 9 who have never had a flu vaccine will require a second vaccine in one month.