Services and member amenities
General locker rooms and shower facilities
- At this time the locker rooms are open for showering purposes only.
- Access cards will be available at Panther Central following your workout Monday to Friday from 6:00 am–3:00 pm and Saturdays from 9:00 am–12:00 pm.
- Users will be required to sanitize their hands when signing out access cards at Panther Central.
- Sauna is closed indefinitely.
NOTE: General locker rooms will be closed from 10:00–11:00 am for cleaning
- Lockers outside the fitness centre are available for use during your workout.
- Please DO NOT put dirty footwear inside the lockers. There will be shoe trays outside the fitness centre for outdoor footwear.
- Users should bring their own locks as UPEI Athletics and Recreation is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Lockers are for day use only. Any locks left on overnight will be cut off and items will be removed.
- Washrooms are located outside the walking track and fitness centre on the second floor.
- Please follow all directional signage and maintain two-metre distance from others.
- Community members can access the MacLauchlan Arena parking lot, located behind our facility and across from the School or Sustainable Design and Engineering building.
- Community members may obtain a token from the Bell Aliant Control Desk following their workout.
- Metered parking lots are located in front of the Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre and W.A. Murphy Student Centre.
NOTE: The gated lot in front of the Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre is for Bell Aliant Centre pool users only. Parking in this lot will require you to pay $9 for a token at the Pool Control Desk.
- Users may book courts by calling Panther Central at 902-566-0368.
- Competitive play is permitted with only two persons in the court at one time.
- Players must be from the same household or social circle.
- Players should maintain a distance of 2m between them whenever possible.
- Players will be required to disinfect all high-touch areas including door knobs, glass and walls they touch as best they can. Disinfectant spray and paper towel will be available in the court area.
- A water bottle refill station is located in the lobby across from Panther Central. All other water fountains in the facility are closed indefinitely.
- There is no open gym at this time.
- Gymnasium is open for UPEI organized events including varsity/club team practices, Panther Academy programming and intramurals.
- For gymnasium rental options please contact Stephanie Knickle (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Day passes/5-punch passes
- Day passes and 5-punch passes are available for purchase at Panther Central.