For booking information and updated hours please refer to the information in the re-opening guide tabs listed on the right of this page.
All Sports Centre, Walking Track and Squash memberships have been extended one month to make up for the time missed during the "Circuit Breaker" closure from December 7-18, 2020.
UPEI Athletics and Recreation is pleased to announce the re-opening of facilities and programs in compliance with public health guidance and UPEI’s Operational Ease-Back Plan.
Read more about:
The COVID-19 pandemic has presented unprecedented challenges to our operations. UPEI Athletics and Recreation will make every effort to ensure that the information noted here is accurate and up-to-date. Our team appreciates your patience and understanding during this time.
Added safety and cleaning measures
- UPEI facilities, including the Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre, underwent significant cleaning before re-opening to the public.
- Available equipment and machines in the Fitness Centre have been spaced to ensure members are physically distancing while working out.
- Protective plexiglass has been added at the Membership Services desk area as an added level of protection for members and staff.
- High touch surfaces such as handrails and door handles are cleaned and sanitized multiple times a day.
- Hand sanitizer stations will continue to be available throughout the facilities.
- Masks are required in order to access the Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre at this time.
- Members may remove their masks when they reach their intended workout space.
- Masks must be worn at all times when moving to different areas throughout the facility.
- Members are encouraged to speak with a member of our administrative staff should they have any questions or concerns related to face masks.
- General locker rooms are cleaned at the end of every day and will be closed for additional cleaning from 10:00–11:00 am, Monday through Friday.
Do your part
- For the health and safety of everyone, all members are expected to comply with UPEI Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre Rules of Use. Non-compliance may result in a verbal warning, temporary suspension, or a membership ban.
- Members are reminded to practice safe physical distancing from others, at least 2 metres (6 feet), at all times when accessing the facility. Members are also reminded of the importance of good personal hygiene practices, such as frequent hand washing or appropriate cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Members are required to wipe down equipment after each use. Disinfectant spray bottles and rags will be readily available for member use.
- Members who are sick or feeling ill, please consider others and stay home.