When: January 27–April 7, 2021
Structure: Singles. Co-ed Pick up format. No league or stats.
Where: Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre (gym 3)
Time: Wednesdays, 7:00–9:45 pm
Participants must be 18+ or a UPEI student.
Pre-registration required. No drop-ins.
If you are an avid badminton player or simply looking to try something new, register! Single play gives you the great opportunity to meet others, participate in some healthy competition, and practice your skills! At this time we will not be offering doubles format.
We encourage participants to take their own racquets, but we do have them if needed.
Badminton "return to play" guidelines
- If you have any flu- or cold-like symptoms (regardless how minor) STAY HOME.
- Each player will be registered when they arrive, and provide a contact phone number.
- Masks are mandatory in all UPEI campus buildings. Participants can remove mask when on the gymnasium court.
- Please use the provided hand sanitizer to disinfect your hands before and after play and avoid touching your face.
- Players will try to observe social distancing of 2 metres between yourself and any players or student staff when interacting on or off the court.
- Players can pass each other shuttles, using their racquet. If shuttles are shared, minimize handling, and all players must sanitize their hands after play.
- Keep up sportsmanship etiquette but, rather than shaking hands with an opponent, or giving high fives, just touch racquets.
- Participants should leave immediately after the activity. Participants should not congregate or socialize in the gymnasium space.
- Minimize touching any surface (e.g. stair railings, seats, entry doors, net posts).
- Participants line up outside the gymnasium in the designated area and enter the gymnasium only when directed by Intramural Recreation student staff.
- Players should bring their own water bottles (no sharing).
All participants are expected to compete and participate in a sportsmanlike manner. ROUGH PLAY, DISREGARD FOR THE RULES, DISRESPECTING OTHER PLAYERS, VOLUNTEERS, OR THE INTRAMURALS COORDINATOR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. If any players engages in any kind of inappropriate behaviour, the Fitness and Wellness Coordinator and/or the Assistant Intramurals Coordinators have the right to request dismissal from the game, multiple games, and potential expulsion from the league.