The UPEI Athletics and Recreation intramural program aims to deliver fair, enjoyable and rewarding recreational opportunities for UPEI students as it is an integral part of campus life, providing relief from the stress of daily academic commitments, improving personal fitness and well-being, and providing an opportunity to make social contacts.
- Only full-time UPEI students can participate in the intramural program; there is no cost.
- Part-time UPEI students can participate in the intramural program, but only if they have purchased a Sports Centre membership (must be active membership at time of intramurals).
Code of Conduct Rules
No player, spectator, or team follower shall:
- Use foul or derogatory language, threaten or verbally abuse any other participant or intramural employee before, during or after the game or activity. This includes trash talk.
- Participate in a game for which they are ineligible.
- Argue or talk back to intramural staff and officials.
- Intentionally strike, push, or trip another person. Fighting is prohibited.
- Mistreat the facility, equipment, or supplies of the University of Prince Edward Island.
- Engage in any act of unwarranted rough play or violence during the game.
Violation of any conduct rule will result in disciplinary action including but not limited to intramural sanctioning of individuals and/or entire team and membership suspension.
The intramural program is offered in two formats:
- Rec Time – a fun, non-competitive, social opportunity to play different sports and recreational activities.
- League – Competitive and Recreational Divisions
Rec Time is for UPEI students: A fun, non-competitive, social opportunity to play different sports and recreational activities. Come out and try the sports, even if you’ve never played. We’ll show you how.
Rec Time – Badminton will be held on Wednesdays, 6:15–9:30 pm, January 31 to April 10, 2024. Four badminton courts will be set up in gymnasium C. Registration required weekly. See below how to register weekly and to cancel.
How to Register
- Sign up at recreation.upei.ca or with UPEI Panther Recreation App by clicking on UPEI LOGIN and then entering your UPEI email address and password
- Click on Rec Time icon
- Then select one of the Rec Time programs (for students only)
- An instance (date and time) will be available, click on it and follow prompts to register. Note that you can only sign up 6 days in advance. If there is no instance on a date, that means there is program on that date.
- The minimum number to register for a team is 8 players, maximum of 12 players.
- The minimum number to register for a team is 8 players, maximum on team 10 players.