Resources for Retirees

Association of Retired UPEI Employees

Retirement resources

To be eligible for your Supplementary Health, Dental and Travel benefit plans you MUST be a resident of Canada covered under a Canadian federal and/or provincial government health plan.

Medavie Blue Cross


Are you travelling?

You must notify Health PEI (or corresponding provincial program) if you will be travelling outside of the province or country and your absence will exceed one month. For more information on Health PEI coverage requirements, please visit the Health PEI website or contact them at 1-800-321-5492.

It is important to note that to maintain your provincial coverage, you MUST be in the province for 182 days per year (6 months) or your provincial coverage will lapse. If you submit a claim and you do not have provincial health coverage, your requirements under the eligibility of insurance would preclude you from being insured under the SSQ travel plan. (SSQ Travel Policy 1L960 & 1L965: page 9, Eligibility of Insurance).

Megan Gee
Employee Benefits Officer
Human Resources
(902) 566-0517
Contact UPEI