Student Game Day Coordinator - Department of Athletics & Recreation *REPOST*
October 2018 – April 30, 2019
The Department of Athletics & Recreation invites applications from students for the position of Game Day Coordinator.
Reporting to the Varsity Coordinator, the Game Day Coordinator will oversee activities related to the staging of AUS Varsity home games (Events) for the 2018/2019 season. The ideal candidate(s) will be mature students living on or close to campus with a flexible schedule and a keen interest in sport or looking to work in the field of sport and have access to transportation. Computer experience is essential (email, file management, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel). Punctuality is a must and a willingness to work closely with other department staff on an ongoing basis. Previous experience in a supervisory role would be an asset.
• Event Set Up/Tear Down
• Overseeing operations during events
• Event Staff Supervision
• Box Office Support
• Attend weekly Event Planning meetings and work closely with department staff to prepare for Home Games
• Assist in the training of Event Staff in multiple areas of work including ticket sales, 50/50, security, etc.
• Work closely with Panther Central to prepare Box Office Float(s)
• Prepare Box Office Game Reconciliation Reports
• Ensuring Game Day staff are on time and assist with set up of equipment including score clocks, audio/visual needs
• Ensure Webcast Production is streaming
• Ensuring player of the game prizes are distributed to each team
• Ensure game stats are finalized and processed
• Upload game sheet to AUS Drop Box
• Input final game statistics for AUS, Sport Chair, and Media
• Where necessary, collect, record and disseminate data for statistical purposes
• Assist in the organization of promotional activities during games
• Current UPEI student
• Experience in sports setting
• Supervisory experience
• Current CPR/First Aid certification or be willing to attain before job begins
• Must be able to carry/ move/ set-up sporting equipment
• Must be able to work in all weather conditions
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
Previous applicants from Competition #99S18 need not reapply.