Student Research Assistant - Faculty of Business & Faculty of Education
As soon as possible – September, 2017
The Faculty of Education / Faculty of Business are inviting applications for a Research Assistant, working with Dr. Ron MacDonald, Dean Faculty of Education and Dr. Gary Evans, Associate Professor, Faculty of Business. This position will be full-time, commencing immediately until September 2017.
The purpose of this project is to help prepare for the dissemination of the research carried out during the Winter of 2017. The project will include reviewing the data collected and aiding in setting up the necessary communication process to help build effective action plans within the local communities.
The Research Assistants will work closely with Dr. MacDonald and Dr. Evans, and will be engaged in the Labour Readiness Project. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• The ability to communicate effectively, clearly and professionally
• The ability to work with minimal supervision
• The ability to speak Mi’kmaq would be an asset
• The ability to facilitate and organize meetings
• Assist in the writing of a literature review on Aboriginal issues
• Willingness to travel within PEI on weekdays, weekends, and evenings for community meetings
• Analyse and code qualitative data on Aboriginal issues and other topics
• Attend meetings and telephone conference calls with research team
• The ability to conduct literature reviews and evaluate and synthesis information
• Applicants must possess a Bachelors level degree, as well as having knowledge and experience research
• Applicants should be motivated and self-directed, literate in computer and information technologies
• Knowledge of the local aboriginal community
• Attention to detail and the ability to keep information confidentiality are required
• All successful candidates will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement
Priority is given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.