Student Research Assistant - Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering
July 2018 – September 28, 2018
The Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering is seeking applications for one temporary student research assistant positions.
• These positions are required to work in lab and field environments (potato fields in Nova Scotia and PEI) under the direction of Dr. Bishnu Acharya, Assistant Professor, to collect soil, crop and yield data which could be used for studying the use of biochar for soil application
• The incumbents are required to assist with data interpretation, entry and analysis using statistical tools
• The incumbents are required to help in soil and crop sample preparation, lab analysis, sensor data collection and field/crop mapping using the differential global positioning system (DGPS) and the geographical information system (GIS)
The student must:
• Have good computer, sensors and software skills
• Have a good academic record and a strong work ethic
• Be able to work in a team and independently
• Be willing to work in lab and field environments
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.