Student Assistants (Up to 3 Positions) - Office of Recruitment and International Relations
Various start dates, with the earliest being mid-August, 2017 until April 30, 2018, with possibility of extension (dependent on performance)
The Office of Recruitment and International Relations (RIRO) is seeking applications for the position of Student Assistant to fill a maximum of 3 positions and to create a pool to draw on throughout the year as needed. Reporting to the administrative assistant and/or the international student adviser depending upon duties, this position will focus on providing support to various areas of RIRO.
The student will be responsible for a range of duties depending on the role, such as:
• Greeting students in a friendly manner, answering inquiries, and directing students to the appropriate staff person
• Answering phones and responding to correspondence in a professional manner
• Assisting with co-ordination of incoming international visits, small meetings, and events
• Helping to maintain social media for RIRO
• Supporting the admissions team using specialized databases
• Monitoring and responding to a role-based Gmail account
• Sending information packages and admission letters by courier
• Leading campus tours
• Performing other duties as required
• The successful candidate will ideally be in second or third year, have cross-cultural experience, and will be familiar with working in a post-secondary educational environment
• Strong computer, organizational, and administrative skills are required with a keen eye for detail
• Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal abilities are required
• Ability to work in both a team environment and independently and willing to work occasional evenings and/or weekends
• The successful candidate must be friendly, responsible, and able to function well under pressure in a busy, dynamic office environment which deals with a wide range of clientele
• Familiarity with UPEI’s RIRO and experience working in an office environment will be considered assets
Priority is given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr).
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.