We are looking for energetic, customer-service oriented people to join our operations team. Fitness Centre Desk Staff will act as the front-line customer service professionals to provide our Fitness Centre members with a great experience. You will be part of a larger team that knows how to have fun, work hard, take pride in their work, and provide great customer service.
• Provide accurate information and answers questions regarding hours of operation, programs, classes and policies
• Monitor access to the fitness centre
• Ensure members using the fitness centre are following the policies, rules and weight room etiquette
• Show members how to properly use equipment
• Clean fitness centre equipment and put equipment away when necessary
• Assist members and visitors with orientation of the fitness centre
• Customer relations
• Providing assistance with recreational sport programs
• Some physical labour is required; ie. Setting up/moving equipment, etc.
• Strong customer service and/or experience
• Positive attitude, energetic, courteous, and dependable
• Able to work well within a team work environment
• Knowledge of fitness centre equipment and safety
• Experience with recreational sports
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekdays, weekends, holidays, and some night shifts
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Enrollment in Kinesiology program or certification/training in other Fitness Certification Programs would be considered an asset
• All student staff must have current CPR and AED training or agree to obtain this certification at their own expense.
There is no requirement for previous applicants to reapply.
Student applicants must also submit their class/lab schedule if available along with application.
Priority to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.