Student Assistant - Department of Economics - Faculty of Arts
July 2017 – October 2017 (Shorter periods are possible)
Dr. Jason Stevens (Department of Economics) is seeking to hire a short-term student/research assistant to help with conducting surveys of cruise ship passengers visiting the port of Charlottetown in the period from July – October 2017.
The research assistant will:
• Approach cruise ship passengers in downtown Charlottetown and request they complete a short survey regarding their spending while visiting Charlottetown
• The research assistant will need to be available to work as necessitated by the cruise ship schedule of the port of Charlottetown
• The typical shift is expected to be 4 hours; but other arrangements are possible
• Previous experience conducting surveys or interacting with tourists will be a strong asset
• Must be available to work as necessitated by the cruise ship schedule
• Ability to work independently
• Good communication skills
Priority is given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr).
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.