Student Assistant - Faculty of Nursing *AMENDED CLOSING DATE*
August 2018 to April 30, 2019
The Faculty of Nursing is looking to hire a student assistant in the Dean’s office. The student will also assist in the UPEI/Health PEI Nursing Research Day Planning Committee. This position will require a student who is highly organized, efficient, self-directed and who can work independently.
• The duties of this position will include:
• Conducting computerized searches of health-related literature
• Assisting with updating the nursing website
• Filing and organizing nursing literature
• Reading and summarizing article
• Maintaining office supplies
• Receiving and distributing mail
• Taking and preparing minutes of monthly meeting
• Preparing documents and posters
• Assisting with promotion of the Nursing Research Day
• Monitoring online registration
• Preparing of various conference materials
• Any other work as directed by the Dean and/or Administrative Assistants
The successful applicant will be a nursing student with strong organizational and computer skills, experience creating promotional materials and ability to work independently.
Priority to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment, Policies and Procedures Manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.