Student Research Assistant - Department of Physics - Faculty of Science
July – August 10, 2018
Dr. James Polson is seeing a research assistant to work on a project using computer simulation methods to study the physical properties of polymer systems.
• Modifying a Monte Carlo simulation program, which will be used to perform calculations to measure the free energy of a confined polymer
• Analyzing the resulting data and comparing the results with theoretical predictions
• Successful candidate will have completed his/her third year of study in an undergraduate physics program at a minimum
• Experience with programming in C/C++
• Ability to work independently
• Good knowledge of undergraduate-level statistical physics
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.