Student Laboratory Assistants (Up to 16 Positions) - Department of Chemistry - Faculty of Science
September 2018 – April 2019
The Chemistry Department seeks applications for student assistants in First Year Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry and Inorganic Chemistry laboratories for the 2018-2019 academic year.
The lab assistants will be:
• Acting as resource person for students during the lab
• Monitoring student operations in conducting experiments
• Ensuring chemicals, solutions and equipment are used in the laboratory safely
• Following Standard Operating Procedures
• Applicants will have successfully completed the course for which they are selected to assist in the lab, or have alternative relevant experience. Applicants must clearly state the chemistry courses they have successfully completed
• Students hired will be required to successfully complete an on-line WHMIS course and attend a mandatory Site Safety Training session prior to the first lab session
Priority is given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr).
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.