Student Assistant - Faculty of Nursing
As soon as possible – April 30, 2018 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements
The Faculty of Nursing is looking to hire a student assistant. This position will require a student who is highly organized, efficient, self-directed and who can work independently if necessary.
• Conducting computerized searches of health-related literature
• Assisting with updating the nursing website
• Filing and organizing nursing literature
• Reading and summarizing articles
• Entering class notes and preparing overheads in PowerPoint
• Preparing class readings
• Preparing files
• Maintaining office supplies
• Receiving and distributing mail and any other work as directed by the Administrative Assistant
• Assisting faculty with work as required, for example – preceptor packages, Teddy Bear Clinic, etc.
• A nursing student
• Good interpersonal communication skills
• Strong organizational and computer skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Moodle, Email and Internet searching
• Experience working with a website
• Ability to work well with faculty and staff and to work independently when necessary
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
Priority is given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr).
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.