Residence Tutors (Up to 5 Positions) - Department of Ancillary Services - Residence Services
$15.43 per hours (plus 4% vacation pay)
September 1, 2019 – April 30, 2020
Residence tutors will be responsible for running drop in sessions for residence students to ask questions about specific courses
- Consistent pre-assigned evenings (e.g. Tuesdays 6-8 pm) during the semester
- Ideally each subject will have 2 sessions per week, but a tutor could do multiple subjects or multiple sessions of any subject
- No sessions during holiday breaks
- Special exam prep sessions can be organized
- Tutors will answer questions and help with assignments and studying
- They may use whiteboard to explain topics to larger groups if necessary
- No preparation required, but a general knowledge of the subject and experience with the course is an asset
- Keep record of attendance to help evaluation success of program
- Generally one tutor per session
- Successfully completed the courses they will tutor including:
- 1st year Biology
- 1st year Chemistry
- 1st year Physics
- 1st year Statistics
- 1st year English
- Able to work evenings
- Unofficial Transcript
- Must be eligible for employment as per the UPEI Human Resources employment requirements.
- Resume and Cover Letter indicating the courses willing to tutor and anticipated availability
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.