Student Research Assistant - Department of Health Management - Atlantic Veterinary College
June 4 2018 – August 24, 2018 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Department of Health Management is seeking to hire one part-time student, enrolled in the DVM program, to assist in a project titled: Assessment of welfare of Sable Island horses through morphometric and radiographic hoof evaluation under the supervision of Dr. Martha Mellish.
• Inventory stored hooves of Sable Island horses using an Excel spreadsheet
• Digitally photograph the hooves to allow an evaluation of their hoof conformation
• Take lateromedial and dorsalpalmar/plantar radiographs of each hoof
• Knowledge of equine distal limb anatomy
• Willingness to perform radiographs of cadaver limbs
• Working knowledge of spreadsheets (specifically Excel)
• Organized and detail oriented candidate
• Enrollment in the DVM program at AVC
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr).
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.